“To be vital, an organization has to repot itself, start again, get new ideas, renew itself.”
Jack Welch, former CEO of General Electric
Marian has had four careers, all related to helping individuals and organizations realize their potential.
* Creative writing teacher in a sixth grade center school
* On-air television host, producer and community liaison. Also a brief stint on a soap opera (that’s how she prepared for working with organizations)
* Professor of writing and communications. Administrator of Academic Support Services (overseeing faculty development, counseling, library, learning center, non-traditional undergraduate students, as well as adults returning to college after smelling the roses and other odors).
* Consultant. Coach. Facilitator. Trainer: 1984-present. President, Expanding Thought, Incâ a firm that focuses on achieving business results by affecting leadership practices, increasing original thinking, improving communication, developing teams, and changing the organizational climate.
- Instrument: Hear! Hear? Your Listening Portfolio® that assesses listening habits, 2009
- Book: COACHING C.L.U.E.S.: Real Stories, Powerful Solutions Practical Tools, NB Publishing, London, 2003
- Game: THINK TANK: The Game of Creative Problem Solving, board game that combines linear and lateral thinking
- Audit: The Genesis Creativity Audit, tool that identifies and describes the climate for organizational creativity and innovation
- Booklet: The Journey, a Fable, fanciful story and images of change
- CD ROM: Thought Expanders, 365-day calendar that increases observation skills and stimulates fresh ideas
- Dozens of activities, programs and experiences custom-designed for clients.
We work with individuals and organizations to think strategically and originally, and enable hi-potential employees to fulfill their promise. Client industries include: aerospace, airlines, automotive, communications, consumer products, education, financial services, healthcare, high tech, insurance, manufacturing, non-profit, pharmaceuticals, publishing and service. Our clients might be within driving distance or on the other side of the globe, a discrete population or a diagonal slice, an intact team or hundreds of employees, and customer-facing or back office.
If you’d like names of specific clients, just ask, they change.
Skidmore College, BS, Drama; Penn State University, MA English; Temple University, MA Adult Development; University of Toronto, Adult Learning Certificate; The Forum Corporation, Master Facilitator Training; Harvard University, Mediation Training; Graduate Business and Human Performance courses from multiple sources; Several assessment instrument certifications
Creative Education Foundation (life member); Innovation Network (founding member); International Business Circle of Colorado (founding member), International Coaches Federation (one of the first Master Certified Coaches)